Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Magnolia Plantation

Just a poem to break up the pho-notony...



JOY TO NEVER CEASE (Magnolia Plantation)

Walking in the cool midday in the garden,
bright sunshine lights the Spanish moss to glowing;
wandering along flower-lined paths in the sun –
God’s Word created all to see for the knowing…

Towering live oak trees sprawl to the heavens,
only the hanging moss is moved by the breeze;
so my faith in Christ rooted so deep stands –
circumstances blow to and fro my ease.

Further on still waters reflect a bird sunning,
deep reflections show the growth all around;
times of refreshing in the Son’s light so inspiring –
these times examine my soul’s state of sound.

Lodged in an old oak perched over the river’s side,
between the moss hangs a brown owl in a hole;
so I look out over still waters between life’s tide –
and there find my rest in the palm of His hand so whole.

Slowly walking back to leave this day behind,
the lasting sight fills my soul with peace sublime;
each day with my Lord, Creator of my salvation –
each day to reflect upon, deep joy to never cease!

No comments: